Monday, December 15, 2008

When Buildings Freeze

As I climbed into my car this morning at 6:30 a.m., the thermometer read -14 degrees. I could hardly touch the steering wheel and the condensation from my breath reached all the way to my windshield. It was worse than freezing. Walking across the street made my finders sting, and the worst part is, I don't think the temperature ever really broke into positive digits all day. All I have to say is thank God for seat heaters.

In honor of this arctic day, I was sent out to find the cold weather feature photo. I had some issues in doing so, because to document the cold I wanted to be outside. However, because of the cold, everyone else was inside. I drove around for a long time and eventually started looking for details instead of people. This building caught my eye...I think it looks like it should be in Alaska or something. So I pulled over, got out and started taking some photos of it. Of course, the only person to walk into the scene "kindly" decided to walk around me (I hate when they do that). However, even in her courtesy, she still made the picture.

The building is vacant, and I am assuming has been for quite some time. I think it froze so severely because it has been too long since it has been internally heated. The white marks on the walls are frost, not to be confused with graffiti.

20081215_COLD_WEATHER_ICE

3 comments:

Huckleberry Hart said...

I will no longer complain about not having a butler to pre-warm my car for me...

Kristine said...

I love the colors!!!

Morgan said...

pretttyyyy sweeeet