Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cross Country Studs

This was a fun experiment I did tonight for the cross country athlete of the year portrait. I was hoping that as the two of them ran around with flashlights, their bodies would be a bit more exposed so it would look like moving figures not just moving lines of light. So my concept didn't exactly come out as I had hoped, but we had a good time figuring out how to tame the streams of light so that they wouldn't interfere with the subjects. I think I would have liked to see more of a connection between the runners and their "light speeds," as I like to call them now. But, in reality this was just an opportunity to challenge myself to make a more dynamic photo, having to handle more elements than I am used to.

20081111_CBOY_ATHLETE_YEAR

2 comments:

Joshua Buck said...

Very cool, Morgan...see you don't need help! Nice work and I can tell you had fun.

Huckleberry Hart said...

Wild. My light track wouldn't be very exciting. It would follow me complaining about having to run, then finding a tree to take a nap under.